Monday, April 2, 2007

Conference weekend

We are so lucky to have such an incredible prophet. I just love President Hinckley. I am amazed at how well he is still doing at his age. He is so great and I love listening to him. I have great memories of watching conference with my family and eating tons of good food. My favorite food at conference was my mom’s sticky buns, they are pull apart rolls with caramel and nuts, I love them. I also love having a girls night while the guys go to the Priesthood session. This year I got to go shopping with Kristen, Adrienne, Heather, and Leisel. And then we all went to Liz Shumway’s house and she had a bunch of girls and their kids at her house and we talked and ate treats until our husbands came home. It was a great weekend, and I feel so blessed that we have so many great leaders to give us guidance and direction.

9 comments:

Grace Ryan said...

You are so cute. President Hinkley is amazing. Thanks for what you wrote. I wish I did girls night like you did, especially with all those yummy treats! I was home alone sick :( Anyway, I just realized you and I have a lot of similiar friends. Pretty funny huh? Well, I hope all is well! Take Care Steph!

Jamielynn said...

Steph, I love President Hinkley too. He is one amazing prophet. I am so blessed that he has been a prophet in my days. Glad you had a fun weekend.

Chris said...

I love the blog. It is so great to be able to follow people. Your guys are awesome.

Ketsy said...

Stephanie- I am so glad you dropped me a message. I saw your mom at Deseret Book during the Priesthood Session- I bet she was missing you! It looks like you are having a ton of fun with your hubby. You guys are cute.
I might be in Baltimore in June- we should hook up and reminisce about the good old days (like doing handstands in that mirror room in your house on Indigo!).

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

great pic of pres. hinkley! he is so sweet and so strong for being in his 90's! i'm glad you had a nice weekend, we did too!

Unknown said...

your so cute! i miss you! conference was great though! and i know, isn't that dog to die for!

OurHappyFamily said...

Hey Steph. . . I found ya-- it's Hillary (Brady) Whalen. I love your blog. I agree conference was wonderful. We are so fortunate to have the gospel and have such wonderful inspiring leaders. I hope you are doing well. It was great to find you and see pics. Have a great week and a Happy Easter!!!

Miller Family said...

I DO know Sarah Tolman, how do you know her? I will have to tell her tomorrow at class. Wow it is a small world!

Marc said...

Favorite Conference food: Aebleskivers.

They are the best. They are Danish pancake-style balls. So good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86bleskiver